Sunday, January 4, 2009

sea shells

Been playing with the shell theme again. Have been lusting after a paint stick or two and finally bought myself a set of fabric crayons which are a good way to start playing. I rubbed a sea shell using the crayons and fabric and got started playing with the marks. In the course of my working I almost obliterated the crayon rubbing and what is visible has sort of crept into the background adding added texture and letting the embroidery prevail. I added beads and a shell to the embroidery. This is my first piece - a postcard. I learn a few colour lessons in the course of doing this and will try a more expanded rubbing/stencil/appliqued thingo. Its on the back burner: I will post when I get to that stage.


I will also post this on the 6 X 4 Lives site.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive