Monday, March 12, 2012

weekend done and dusted


Had a busy weekend one way or another  - I sat on the Embroiderers' Guild NSW information booth/stall on Saturday and had  a good time gas bagging to one and all.  I didn't take any stitching with me and ended up buying a jumbo crochet bag kit and started it (with a bit of help from Catherine - ta).   It was a bit like wielding a crow bar  -  I am tempted to look about for a hook that is a better crafted - the one that came with the kit has no shape to it and the fabric strips were difficult ti ease off the hook as I tend to be a bit tight with my tension.\








And I have been drawing again and tried playing with a pattern from the pear  I spoke of earlier in the week - I will keep at it  -  never know what might come up.
And  of course I drew a bit more fruit ...


 And I worked on a piece for the MAPS exhibition  I will put a photo up when I am happy with it..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive