Friday, May 21, 2021

Chairs

 


Dolls House Chairs

As a result of a throwaway line I’m working towards a small exhibition, Chairs later this year with art colleagues under the banner of RE-create Collective.     

Chairs explores reuse, recycle and repair by way of practical and fanciful refurbishment of old and discarded chairs together with wall art featuring chairs.



I have taken the opportunity to learn how to fix and reupholster chairs with the exhibition in mind.  It has been a slow process and I haven’t been as focussed as I had hoped to be.  I have been taking apart the chairs and regluing them with the assistance of an awesome instructor at an upholstery class run at a community centre near where I live.   I'm currently working on dining chairs punning on fine dining.  I also plant put together  a third dining chair with a fun theme.


One of a pair of dining chairs reglued.  My awsome  tutor is in the backbround





Starting to  remove fabric from my second chair.   It wasn;t as easy as I had hoped.  There were two layers of fabric and a huge number of tacks and staples



After I started the project (and with 3 chairs waiting attention) I saw this beuaty at the tip shop.  Sadly torn, worn and broken it called out to me as I passed it on leaving,   I returned the next day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive