Sunday, May 31, 2020




 I haven’t been in this space for a while.  Its been a bit me, myself and I since March.  The pandemic  closed up my world for a bit. 




I originally started this blog to let  my Mum know what I was up to.   It was her birthday this month and she would have been 90.  

The world is a very strange place at the moment and I wonder what she would have thought of it.   Mum had  COPD (chronic emphysema) and didn’t get out and about. Being in ISO would have been nothing new to her.  She lived it the last few years of her life.  We were separated by distance and communicated by the telephone almost daily towards the end of her life. 


Ironically, I now live in a regional country town only a couple hours from where Mum lived rather than the day trip required when she was alive.  Our house has an epic view,  a garden and we can go on some lovely walks.  Technology means I can talk and see friends and family which is wonderful.  But its not the same.  I need to remind myself to be grateful for what I have and the fact that my environment is safe in this world of pandemic.


A measure about how I am travelling is my art output.  Sadly, it’s been dwindling.  I have recognised  this now and am getting myself back on track.   In the last few months I have been making a daily mini collage with no thought other than to create something with materials to hand.  No over thinking.   Some I have posted in instagram.  I have found new music and new artists who inspire me.

My last creative push was for a local event in March 2020.  I really enjoyed exploring collage and assemblage for the Market of Curious Things and the reaction that my work received.  The Market was curated and showcased local artists and makers.   Photos of my works for this event are scattered through this post.

I am now working on a new body of textile works and exploring metal threads on the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive