The book I worked on was very slim volume on needlepoint. Not much has survived.
This is the first page I did. I kept the grids and text on the page but crossed out the text I didn't want and circled what I wanted to keep - it sort of worked. Karma had an example where he had worked through a fictional novel and backed out anything she thought not relevant and created a bare bones story.
The following pages have less and less of the original book. I stamped on the next page , crossed out text and covered the facing page with some Japanese text.
This page was painted with ink which gave it a shiny look - I really liked the brush marks. The tea pot was cut out of another book and the droplets stenciled on using acrylic paint. There is still a little bit of text vaguely visible.
This page has sheet music pasted on one side and slightly coloured with water colour crayon. The facing page is a paper napkin (well a 1/4 of one) and a piece of text cut from a magazine and kindly given to me by a classmate.
I have to say I am hooked and look forward to working on the balance of the pages and the cover which currently looks like this:
Hopefully I will get to work on it on the coming weekend.
Cheers for now.