Monday, November 24, 2008

sampling gerberas

Haven't done much of late in the stitching line. I took this somewhat blurry photo quite some time ago but have just started sampling the idea of stamens and petals.

The flower centres are so suggestive of french and colonial knots I could cry. Detatched daisy chain would alsowork built on top of its self .

I have taken a photo of a sampler started using scraps and straight stitches - I haven't got very far yet but I will keep on going.

I will have to vote for boring DVDs so I am not distracted by them. Last night we watched a movie called 'Brick' - a low key American movie of the non mainstream variety- it kept me rivited and I didn't take one stitch.

Anyway - here is my sampler as it is at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive