Sunday, December 21, 2008

Daintree dreaming



My challenge in the new year is to transform this into and (embroidered) canvas work. It started life as a charcoal drawing i did some time ago. I photocopied it and then over painted it. I have been stuggling with how I will transfer the pattern. The penny dropped - photocopy it again and cut up the copy for templates.


I have been hoarding some baramundi leather which I bought in the night market at Cairns ages ago. I am finally ready to cut it up and will apply it as well.

There is a lot of black in this drawing and i am contemplating painting the canvas with black drawing ink in some places rather than stitching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive