Saturday, January 10, 2009

encrusted beading - embellished to the max

I have just done a 2 day workshop with Pearl Red Moon at the Embroiderers' Guild NSW and had heaps much fun. You can find some examples of Pearls work here.


The workshop was entitled Goddess Amulet Pouch. I decided to create a small hanging for my study :



The face was a mold provided by Pearl which she has sourced in the US. I also took up Pearl's generous offer and made a couple more casts of a face which Pearl had made. I look forward to making a couple of more of these little treasures in the future using both stitch and beads. I will start with a postcard size to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive