Wednesday, August 19, 2009

playing with pattern

I had a wonderful morning with Stitchers Plus on Saturday - we played with pattern. It is addictive. I did some more on Sunday and a bit on Monday night.

First I chose a drawing I did a while ago and printed it out in black and white:



Then I copied it, cut it up to create a kaleidoscope (needed some gentle help at this point - thanks Robyn), pasted it in my book , and then I painted it when I got home.
I also cut up a square and did a repeat pattern and painted it too



I now have lots of lovely patterns and can sidetrack myself forever and not actually do anything in cloth if I am not careful!

I went to sketch club on Tuesday - Jenny - I have moved on from bottoms and graduated to breasts. A new model I hadn't drawn before - I seemed to be in the wrong spot in the room last night- all the poses seemed to be foreshortened.


cheers all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive