Wednesday, February 22, 2012

sketching


Tuesday night is sketch club night.  I have only been twice this year and, as I only draw that night,  I am right out of  practice.  I was happy with one quick sketch and am wondering how I can employ stitches to render a version of it. 


I have been reading a couple of interesting books which have got me thinking - one on the history of crewel work and another called Embroidery Studio (Embroiderers Guild).  Embroidery Studio  features a number of textile artists who consider an old embroideries or textile and the pattern, stitch , composition etc and interpret and creation of new works inspired by those textiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive