Thursday, March 29, 2012

sketch club

Our model Kit is a tall lanky guy - though the men in my family are tall I am not used to seeing such a thin body and I had great difficulty drawing him - all the poses from where I was sitting seemed impossible and the last one was the worst but turned out by far the best drawing.  I had a view which contained challenges of hair, foreshortened arms and there were fingers! Being too lazy to move I worked on drawing and was really chuffed with my result.  PS - I used a pastel pencil

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. I love drawing people, especially using charcoal or pastels. This sketch is excellent! It is such an unusual pose, and would have been difficult to get right.

    ReplyDelete

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive