Friday, April 20, 2012

tired of pears yet?


I'm not.  They have a lovely shape - very feminine in form I think.

After drawing yet another pear (not this one) an idea struck me for a challenge my group has set all members of the Embroiderers' Guild NSW.  Having been involved in the set up of the challenge. I was almost over the idea. The general theme is "Changing of the Seasons" and I really wanted to avoid doing something involving flowers - well I haven't but that's OK.  The piece is not due in until September so I have a little bit of time to change my mind.

1 comment:

  1. We have a lot in common, it seems! I'm also a member of the Embroidery Guild of Victoria, and i love reading about the other Guilds around Australia and what they are doing. This sketch of a pear on cloth is wonderful. I recently did a course in acrylic painting and the tutor had a 'thing' about painting fruit. It nearly put me off painting for life!

    ReplyDelete

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive