Sunday, November 11, 2012

Golden leaves

 I have been playing with some stitches to try and broaden my repertoire but still come back to old favourites - may the were the ones I learnt first?

Blanket stitch and whipped running stitch feature in this sample.

I got the outline by making a  rubbing with blue crayon - the blue is hidden or rubbed off in most cases - or merges with the threads.

The fabric was remnant of hand dyed cotton I hadn't had the heart to discard.

No I just have a bit of embellished fabric ...

Must learn to toss some stuff soon.  Creativity is not encouraged by crowding.   A good friend has suggested that it helps to categorize things as friends, acquaintances and strangers.  I have a lot of strangers in terms of fabric but keep hanging on to them because I collected the fabric with a view to making a particular thing.  I am now convinced I should store my strangers fora year and if I haven't been to 'visit' they should be donated to a good home.  Only time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive