Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hussif Crazy Patchwork Challenge


I have taken up Sharon Boggin's challenge to make a crazy patched hussif for myself. Sharon does exquisite work and is an extremely generous stitcher.  I have enjoyed visiting her blog for a number of years - check it out and see what I mean.


A hussif is a sewing roll in which sewing requisites are stored.   I plan to make a book rather than a roll with a soft front and a stiffened back.


I went with an orange theme as my daughter has been working on a major project for her design course at TAFE and there are many bright scraps around.  I didn't factor in what the other colours would do when I patched them all together but I will keep adding more thread, stitches and whatnot and see what comes of it.  I am enjoying just picking up and adding a line here and there.

  

I will post some  more in about a week and a bit when I have added more stitches and hopefully taken a photo with truer colours.






.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive