Monday, October 20, 2014

Emerging artist redefined - exhibition of works by artist under 18 & over 35

A definition of emerging at Seaview Gallery, Seaview Street, Dulwich Hill NSW 
22- 26 October 1914  11 am - 4 pm
Opening 22 October 2014  6.00 pm to 8.00 pm

Bettleman - Apoxy sculpt and fabric sculpture with wire armature and Queensland Black Bean seed pods - 55 cm tall

Woman in Black - Air dry clay and fabric sculpture - 60 cm tall

I dropped off the above two works at  the Inaugural Inner west Women's Shed intergenerational exhibition themed Emerging.   It stemmed from a concept that there are on going calls across the art world for emerging artists to enter competitions and exhibitions where the artists must be between 18 - 35 years.

The aim of the exhibition is to open the opportunity for artists younger than 18 years and older than 35 years and to redefine the exhibition of emerging.  I definitely fall in the second group and welcome the discussion.  Many like me are of a generation where you got a 'real' job which you would hold for the rest of your life.  For me it was not until later in life that I had the confidence to make the time and give myself permission to make exploration into arts and crafts.

All entries will be eligible for the peoples choice award.  I saw some really interesting works when I dropped my pieces off .   I think it will be a good exhibition and commend it to you - go visit and vote if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive