Monday, March 16, 2015

Inspiration for stitch - a holiday at Angelsea, Victoria


A holiday by the seaside with a chance to walk everyday from the beach up Anglesea River gave rise to these photos.






A little further up the coast at Point Roadnigh the clouds were wonderfull.  The direct winds and water has eroded the coast and there were some interesting tree roots dangling down.





And, because I have a thing about markers and lighthouses - I am sneaking in a  photo taken at Barwon Heads.



Because we stayed in a holiday house I was able to spread out and spent some time stitching - playing with running stitch and couching.   The  grasses, lichens and trees above all have play potential using these two stitches.   I also spent a little time drawing gum leaves and thinking about how I can incorporate them into stitchery ... and remembered I had previously done something using back stitch and kantha.  I will have to dig it out and have a look at it again :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive