Saturday, July 9, 2016

Winter palettes


I have moved some 6 hours south of Sydney since last winter.   The colours are different.  I am relishing the chill, enjoying the frosts and but i'm not so keen on the cold winds that blow on occasion. We are inland and not on the sea so at least the antarctic blast is lessened.   But snow is starting to happen in the highlands and soon, cloud coverage permitting, we will be able to see it in the distance.


In the interim I have been enjoying the muted colours of the sky, watching the rain filled clouds come over the hills and follow the sheets of rain as they move towards our house.

View from the verandah  - sun on the trees next door and rain clouds in the distance



When I walk and see the natural world around me I think life is good.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive