Saturday, October 3, 2020

What do you do?

 

What do you do?  I was asked this about 18 years ago.  My response: I’m a hand stitcher but, if could put paper, paint, fabric and stitch all in one work I would be in my happy place.

My blog sort of tracks my progress towards this end.  I have wandered and got lost on the way.  However, that has been to my advantage as I have learnt new skills.  Most recently my focus has been working in mixed media collage with found and painted papers and scraps of this and that. 

And, I have been thinking about working more stitch into some of my works.

I decided I should do some self guided study and see what I can learn from other artists.

I am really drawn to collages by Debbie Lyddon.  She uses cloth paper and fibre together with materials which reflect the subject of her work.   I have copied one of her textile collages below.  Please look at Debbie Lyddon's website and blog to find more :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive