Monday, August 18, 2008

Pop Music


I spent Saturday last at the Guild with my friends from Stitchers Plus. Took all day to chat, catch up and lay out some fabric on felt to start a embroidered abstract wall hanging. At the moment I am thinking I will call it "Pop Music" It has that feel to it - much, much more work to go before it becomes anything. Already I am wishing I hadn't use cheap commercial felt as a backing and that I had made it smaller - it is about 75 cm square.
I have since done some big stitches in purple to hold down the purple line and stitched a purple shadow in one place - I will work it across the row and trust that it falls into place as I envisage. I have also done a couple of yellow swirls in the yellow area in the middle but they are lost at the moment - might need some grape or ruby to bring it out. I will add another pic when I have done more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive