Sunday, August 3, 2008

sea urchins




I have been working on a sea shell theme - patterns from the sea. Got plenty of source material from all those walks on the beach - and pleanty of shells to incorporate if I feel the need.


Buoyed with encouragement from Jean Draper (a wonderful woman with many positive things to say) I have managed to get myself actually drawing/recording ideas and sampling!!! Hard for me as I always want to jump right in with the idea and then wonder why I am not happy with what I have done.


Jean is a UK embroiderer who (in my mind) acts a mentor rather than a teacher. I first met Jean in 2007 when I did a class at the Embroiderers' Guild NSW and she came out to Australia again this year.
I have posted a few photos to show you what I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive