Friday, March 4, 2011

cornicopia


Designed by Diane Edwards (& my piece named by me) - with several colour palettes to chose from and instructions to go for it four of us stitched up distinctly different works by adding or altering the design and stitch guide provided. I got to play with different threads that I hadn't used before such as velour and a variety of silks as I tend to stick to perle and cotton.


Still working on an embroidered canvas piece inspired by an abstract painting I posted a while ago - it is taking me so long that the dimensions have been shrunk and I have decided to colour, paint or dye the canvas that will represent the night sky (so I don't have to stitch it!!)



In the interim I keep painting - my son has dibs on my painting inspired by a postcard of the Dali Lama as a child.

(yes, the wall needs a paint too- we have stripped the wall paper and need to clean it up before we get there - painting an art canvas is just so much more fun)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive