Monday, January 12, 2015

Back to the real world!

Apple in running stitch - whipped, laced and pulled at the bottom to create a kantha effect. 20 cm x 20 cm

Well I have had quite a break since my last post.  The lead up to Christmas was just too busy but now I am back into the swing of things after some time off. 

I have been thinking about and working on projects which I am committed to in the coming year: group exhibitions with Lateral Stitchers in Wollongong in March and Stitchers Plus at Guild HQ in November. Added to this mix is running paverpol and stitch classes early this year and a longer term plan for an exhibition in 2017.  

I bravely stated last year that I would work an a theme of an apple a day.  I think I have spent the couple of weeks trying reconcile this statement with my commitments this year and have determined that I will keep working on the apple theme with a view to incorporating it into the November exhibition.   This exhibtion is more about process and how each of the group goes about working to acheive a desired end so it is a perfect way to practise putting down ideas in my studio journal and building up a small body of work for the exhibition.

Thats all for now.  Wishing you all a creative 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a self portrait

Not quite a self portrait
small 8' quiltlet with embroidered hair

Blog Archive